Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dads Day


Paul is a one of a kind dad.
I dont think Ive ever met anyone who compares to him. In wit, in sarcasm, in awkwardness when in front of my friends, and love. My dad and I dont always get along. In fact, its a great day when we do.
Both being stubborn, some like to blame it on our star signs: Aries and Taurus, its almost always a battle of whos right and who gets the last word. With his occasional parties with friends getting too occasional for my liking and his way of regarding every little problem as if it was the end of the human world, he is very frustrating. But I could never call it quits on him. Even with our heads butting and tempers flarring, I still know he cares deeply for me. It might even be that he cares too much, but how could I wish that different?
My dad raised me since birth and if you ask me, sure, we had harder than hell times, but truthfully I grew well.
Through it all, I learned to grow-up fast, which in turn, made me realize all the decisions my friends were making were worse than they thought imaginable. And when they would all be sitting in bed grounded or, now that we are all older, in jail, Im always the one who has the clean record who they call on for help. Ive had my parties, but nothing so far gone that a shake of the head and a "go to bed now" didnt solve. I didnt need any of the thrills of getting drunk and hanging on the arms of boys I didnt know. My dad taught me better than that. I am eternally grateful.

This is your day dad, and
so is the next day and the next and the next...
Happy Fathers Day.
Xk

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice, i like this homage.

Kortnii said...

"whatever" ;] haha. yeah.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com - background image by Wagner Campelo